Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you submit content to the SkyKick Site, request information about SkyKick’s products and services or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the SkyKick Site. When you access or use the SkyKick Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the SkyKick Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the SkyKick Site.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the SkyKick Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the SkyKick Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the SkyKick Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the SkyKick Site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the SkyKick Site;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about SkyKick Site, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by SkyKick and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the SkyKick Site;
- Personalize and improve the SkyKick Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SkyKick is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the SkyKick Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of SkyKick or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; or
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the SkyKick Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The SkyKick Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the SkyKick Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics SkyKick Site Provided by Others
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
Data Transfer; EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
SkyKick is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
In connection with SkyKick’s processing of personal data it receives in the U.S. from the European Union (“EU Data”), SkyKick participates in, and has certified its compliance with, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (“Framework”). SkyKick is committed to subjecting all EU Data it processes in reliance on the Framework to the Framework’s applicable principles. For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Framework, SkyKick is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. For more information about the Framework, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
EU individuals have rights to access personal data about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data. If you believe SkyKick holds EU Data about you, and wish to request access (or to limit use or disclosure) of such EU Data, you can submit a written request to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If the requested EU Data is information we process on behalf of customers, please include the name of the applicable customer in your request; we will refer the request to that customer to respond directly to you and will support them as needed to respond to your request. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Framework principles to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If SkyKick does not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge for resolution to JAMS, SkyKick’s designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. Under certain conditions specified by the Principles, as more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint.
SkyKick takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the SkyKick Site. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the SkyKick Site.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from SkyKick by following the instructions in those emails or messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing business relationship.