Last Updated: April 14, 2012
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SkyKick collect different types of information about you, including personal information, demographic information, and aggregated or anonymized data. By "personal information," we mean information that specifically identifies you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, job title and company name, and credit card information. We collect personal information about you in various ways when you use our Services. For example, we may collect personal information when you register for an account, purchase our products or services, or contact us with questions or feedback. [In general, we do not collect information, such as mailbox data, calendars, address books, and desktop files, that may flow through our servers as part of our Services but is stored by a third party on your behalf; on occasion, however, we may be required to access and collect this information on a temporary basis to, for example, troubleshoot or confirm new licensed users.]
Demographic information, including, for example, your age, gender, general occupation, or geographic area, is not personal information unless it is linked with information that specifically identifies you. We may link personal information with demographic information to better customize our product and service offerings to you.
Aggregated or anonymized data is the information we may collect when you use our Services that is not linked to information that personally identifies you. We may use this type of information to help us understand customer trends and needs so we can improve our products and services.
When you use our website, some information may be automatically collected. For example, when you visit our website, your [computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically]. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our websites.
Web Analytics. We may collect information using web analytics. Web analytics may use electronic images through our Services or in our emails. We use web analytics to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may combine the personal information you provide us with information we receive from third-party sources.
2. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us (for example, we may share personal information with Microsoft to facilitate and enable your use of Office 365);
- with your consent, including if we notify you through the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SkyKick, our customers, our employees, our partners, or any other person, including to enforce our agreements and terms of service;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- provide and improve our Services;
- process your requests and transactions;
- send your communications relating to our Services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your emails, calls, requests, and other comments and questions, and provide customer service and troubleshooting;
- monitor and analyze usage, trends, preferences, and activities in connection with the Services;
- communicate with you about upcoming events, training and education materials, general tips, your use of the Services, and news about products and services offered by SkyKick and selected third parties and partners; and
- link or combine with other personal information from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
SkyKick may store and process personal information in the country from which it was collected and in the United States.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS
5. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SkyKick takes reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
6. CHOICES REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SkyKick by following the instructions in those emails. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing privacy@SkyKick.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
SkyKick may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above. We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access or use our Services to make sure you understand how we may collect, use, or share your personal information.
8. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at privacy@SkyKick.com.